At St. Stephen's School we put the safety of our pupils above all. Our Safeguarding Policy applies to all adults, including volunteers, working in or on behalf of the school. We aim to:
- ensure that all children within our school feel safe at all times
- ensure that all members of our community are safe and feel that they are able to put the welfare of the children first
- ensure that all adults who have contact with children in school have undergone the necessary safeguarding procedures and are suitable to work and support the children in our care
- ensure that all adults who have contact with children in school have been appropriately trained
- all adults undertake their safeguarding responsibilities effectively.
The Designated Senior Leads are Tony Pye, Headteacher, Mrs Heckman, Deputy Headteacher and Mr Shaw.
Our SIB member responsible for Safeguarding is Mrs Copeland.
North Yorkshire Safeguarding has a lot of useful information. You may find the links below useful. We have also included links to other organisations that may be useful. Information on e-safety is on the e-safety page