Funding and Payments
All three and four year olds are entitled to funded early education and childcare for 15 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year. Your child can take up their funded place from the beginning of the term after their third birthday. The Government funding for your child's funded place is paid directly to the setting. If you require additional hours of childcare over and above the funded 15 hours you may be able to claim for extended 30 hours childcare (please see the section below) or pay for additional sessions at £12 per session.
30 hours funding
The Government have extended the current universal free childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds from 15 to 30 hours per week for working parents from September 2017.
What do you need to do?
- Apply for additional funded hours through your childcare account on gov.uk (link here).
- Your claim will be assessed against the eligibility criteria which are on the Gov.uk website and are based on you (and your partner, if you have one) being in work and earning the national minimum wage. There are other criteria so please check the website for details.
- Once you have received the code please let us have it as without it we cannot claim funding for the childcare provided.
- If you wish to apply for 30 hours funding for the first time to start in Autumn 2018 please apply before the 1st July 2018 to ensure there is sufficient time for the claim to be processed.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
30 hours funding - reconfirming eligibility code
Your eligibility code needs to be reconfirmed every 3 months. You can do this through your existing childcare account. If the code is not reconfirmed it will not be valid and we will not be able to claim funding for the childcare that we have provided to you. Without a valid eligibility code any sessions above the 15 hours will need to be paid directly by parents.
To claim funding for the Autumn Term 2018 the eligibility code needs to start before 31st August 2018.
If you require sessions above those for which your child is funded (either 15 hours or 30 hours) these are available and are charged at £12 per session.
Also available are:
- after school sessions (to 6.00pm);
- before school sessions (from 7.45am); and
- lunch club sessions from 11.30am to 12.30am.
Our nursery sessions are from 8.30am to 11.30am and 12.30pm to 3.30pm. If your child wishes to stay all day lunch time sessions are available at £2.50 per lunchtime.
After school, lunch club and before school sessions are not included in the 15 or 30 hours funding and must be paid for separately. Our preferred method is by ParentPay or childcare vouchers.
15 hours funding
Children who come to our Nursery can get 15 hours free childcare a week for 38 weeks of the year. We can provide those hours during the school term. The child is eligible from the term after their 3rd birthday. The school claim this funding on your behalf.
ParentPay is our preferred method of taking payments at school. It is a secure website where you are able to pay online using your credit or debit card. Payments for wrap around care, nursery sessions, school meals, trips etc can all be made through ParentPay.