In our study of history at St Stephen’s , we intend that our children will develop:
- an understanding of historical concepts such as change and continuity, cause and consequence, similarity, difference and significance;
- an extensive historical knowledge of significant events in British, European and world history,
- a secure understanding of key historical vocabulary;
- an awareness of the nature of evidence, an empathy with the past, an ability to pose historical questions and a sense of chronology and time;
- an understanding of the links between local, regional, national and international history.
Whole School Timeline to come...