Religious Life in School
The school has very close links to St. Stephen's Church and the local community with a number of events through the year. Please click here to visit St. Stephen's Parish website.
Father Andrew, our local priest, is on the Academy Council at the school and supports the staff with planning of Liturgical celebrations throughout the school year.
We have a programme of class and whole school Masses in place which are led by the children across the school. Masses held in the Church and school when possible, we are streaming the services on Zoom regularly so that the wider community can join in.
During the year the children from our four Houses lead special Family Masses at a weekend.
Diocesan Statement on Collective Worship
It is the responsibility of every Catholic school to provide for all its members a vital experience of liturgy, worship and prayer which:
- names and celebrates God present and active in authentic human experience
- is educative
- is within our Catholic tradition
The purpose of these experiences is:
- to give honour and praise to God
- to develop the school as a community of faith
- to assist pupils in developing their relationship with God, creation and the community of the Church
- to witness to the community and the wider world
Collective worship in our schools will be:
- properly planned
- adequately resourced
in order to ensure that the collective worship experienced within the school is a relevant, meaningful and positive contribution to the religious, spiritual and moral development of all members of the community.