How does it work?
Funding, sessions and payments
While every child over 3 is entitled to some free childcare, each nursery can choose to offer this in their own way. On this page you will find details or our session structure, information about the government funding available, and how to pay for any extras.
If you have any questions not answered by this page, please do give us a call.
15 Hours Funding (universal funding)
Children who come to our Nursery can get 15 hours free childcare a week for 38 weeks of the year. We can provide those hours during the school term. The child is eligible from the term after their 3rd birthday. The school claim this funding on your behalf.
30 Hours Funding (extended funding)
The Government have extended the current universal free childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds from 15 to 30 hours per week for working parents from September 2017.
What do you need to do?
- Apply for additional funded hours through your childcare account on gov.uk (link here).
- Your claim will be assessed against the eligibility criteria which are on the Gov.uk website and are based on you (and your partner, if you have one) being in work and earning the national minimum wage. There are other criteria so please check the website for details.
- Once you have received the code please let us have it as without it we cannot claim funding for the childcare provided.(We will also need some additional details from to you to complete the claim)
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Reconfirming your code
Your eligibility code needs to be reconfirmed every 3 months. You can do this through your existing childcare account. If the code is not reconfirmed it will not be valid and we will not be able to claim funding for the childcare that we have provided to you. Without a valid eligibility code any sessions above the 15 hours will need to be paid directly by parents.
If you require sessions above those for which your child is funded (either 15 hours or 30 hours) these are available and are charged at £13.50 per session, or £4.50 for an additional hour.
We offer a selection of session options:
- Morning or Afternoon sessions (8:30-11:30, 12:30-15:30)
- A short day (8:30-14:30)
- A long day (8:30-15:30)
- A school day* (9:00 - 15:00)
For more details on the options available please click here to download the nursery sessions guide.
After school sessions are not included in the 15 or 30 hours funding and must be paid for separately. Our preferred method is by ParentPay or childcare vouchers.
*Please note this option is only available to families with children at St. Stephen's Primary School
ParentPay is our preferred method of taking payments at school. It is a secure website where you are able to pay online using your credit or debit card. Payments for wrap around care, nursery sessions, school meals, trips etc can all be made through ParentPay.
Once your child has started at our Nursery you will be given an activation code to set up an account.